Died in Kildare
The death occurred recently in Nass General Hospital of Joseph Joe Cawley Mucklon, Enfield, Co Meath and formerly of Doonaroya, Crossmolina, Co. Mayo Cherished husband of Eileen. Loving father of Geraldine, Theresa, Clare, Sean, Bernadette, Brendan, Martin and Noel. Deeply regretted by his loving family, brother Gerry, sisters Sr Bernadette, Nuala and Nora, sons in law, daughters in law, brother in law, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, relatives and his many friends. May he rest in peace
Votes of Sympathy
The Crossmolina Deel-Rover GAA Club wish to express its Sympathy to the Families of former players, Committee members and friends on their recent Bereavements. May they rest in peace
Doing a Clear Out – Clothes Recycling
If you are clearing out your home please drop the clothes, shoes, bags etc into the Ballina Family Resource Centre, Abbey Street, Ardnaree. We are doing a Cash for Clobber as a Fundraiser for the Centre, your support would be greatly appreciated. If you need bags we have some in the centre, just drop in and collect them. For more info call 096 75573, all money received for clobber goes directly to Ballina FRC.
Mindspace Outreach Service in Ballina FRC
Mindspace Mayo offers a support service to young people (15-25yrs) presenting with anything from common concerns (e.g. dealing with break-up, exam stress, bullying) to young people with emerging mental health difficulties such as mild depression and anxiety. The outreach service is running by phone or online whilst the lockdown is on for Covid19. For further information on Mindspace Mayo please see our website www.mindspacemayo.ie or call us on 094-9067001
Due to Covid-19 the Annual Sunflower Day has been cancelled and this is a huge loss of income to Hospice whose vital services are ongoing. If anyone is interested in making a donation it can be done by logging on to www.hospice.ie or call 094 9388666, or Hospice Foundation, Main St., Knock, Co. Mayo
Pieta House Outreach Service Ballina
Pieta House provides counselling, therapy and support to individuals, couples, families and children who have been bereaved by suicide or feeling suicidal. Pieta House outreach service is running by phone or online whilst the lockdown is on for Covid19. Contact: 09325586 to make an Appointment
Planning for a Return to Mass
We hope to return to Mass from July 20th. We are waiting on a detailed plan from the Bishop’s conference.
• In consultation with our Parish Pastoral Council, a support team of parishioners will have to be set up in our four Church areas to implement the Diocesan plan.
• We will need people who would be willing to supervise the sanitising of seating areas, door handles etc. to the required standard. A whole-community effort, could have the benefit of making our parish pull together in a new way.
• We are looking for, groups, clubs, organisations, individuals to take on this task for the coming months.
• Volunteer Forms are available in all Church Porches.
• We are told that, the celebration of Public Mass in any Church will be authorised if and only if the elements of the Diocesan plan are demonstrably in place, taking into account the review of restrictions by the health authority.
• We must ensure that the required physical distance is maintained during all liturgies, some seating rows (every second one) will need to be closed off. One person or one household of two people could sit at either end of a row. Any larger group (family or household) would occupy a row to themselves.
• Holy Water fonts to remain empty until further notice
• People who are unwell - and especially those with any symptoms that might suggest COVID-19 infection - should stay at home and, if possible, participate on webcam
• Participation over the week is encouraged rather than having everybody turn up on Sunday.
• Sunday Masses will be limited to two intentions,
• People will be asked to leave the Church gradually after Mass and encouraged not to gather outside, so that social distancing is maintained.
Nephin Festival 2020.
The annual Nephin Festival will run from July 23rd—26th, with this year's festival been very much community led. In light of the current public health situation the 2020 festival will have to be adapted to ensure it meets government guidelines. Input will be needed by as many people as possible. If you or your community group would like to take part please email the festival or call 087 4113252, we need to get as many people as possible involved so if you have any talent what so ever we believe you can play a part. The festival will run from July 23rd to 26th - Nephin Festival 2020 (A World APART, A Community TOGETHER)
40th Ruby Jubilee - Fr Francis
Fr Francis celebrated his Ruby Jubilee of Ordination to the Priesthood on Sunday last. Due to Covid 19 the planned celebrations couldn’t take place. He was ordained on 8th June 1980 in Castleconnor By Bishop Tom McDonnell. He served in Geesala, Ballina, Coventry, Killala, Moygownagh, Belmullet and Crossmolina. He wished his family and all parishioners over the past 40 years every blessing and thanks for their kindness and support.
CHY4 Certs – Charitable Donations
Forms are available at church porch or please contact Parish Office so one can be posted to you. This form will include details for 2018 and 2019 tax year so please fill in both boxes. It is important that all individuals who make a donation €250 or more in the year complete this form so that our Parish can claim a refund of tax paid on that donation for future upkeep of our Parish. We would encourage all parishioners to complete this form and return to designated postal box at St Tiernan’s church porch or return to the Parish Office. Deadline extended to Friday 12th June 2020.
Died in Enniscrone.
The death occurred peacefully on Sunday 31st May of Annie Loftus Nee Gilroy Lower Main St, Enniscrone, Sligo. Annie’s funeral mass was celebrated in The Church of Our Lady Assumed into Heaven, Enniscrone, on Tuesday with burial afterwards in St. Patrick's Cemetery, Enniscrone. Due to current Government and HSE guidelines Annie`s funeral was private for family only. Annie was predeceased by her husband Michael formerly of Tubbermore Crossmolina and brother Gerard. Annie, beloved mother of John, sadly missed by her son, John's partner Bernie, brothers John, Vincent, Eamon, Raymond & Michael, sisters Mary, Dymphna and Sally, sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews, cousins, relatives and friends. May she rest in peace
There was no winner of Crossmolina Deel-Rovers Club Lotto Jackpot Saturday night 30th May the numbers drawn were 6 – 17 - 27 - 31. Geraldine Gill Moneymore matched three numbers and won 150 Euro. Next week's jackpot is €4,350. Many thanks for your support